On this day in NY sports history…
February 13, 1883 – Birthday of NY Highlander (later Yankee) great Harold “Prince Hal” Chase.
February 13, 1934 – Bill Cook becomes the 1st Ranger to score 200 goals in a 6-4 win over Boston.
February 13, 1973 – Islanders trade for Ernie Hicke.
February 13, 1982 – Islander Bryan Trottier scores 5 goals and Mike Bossy gets 5 assists in an 8-2 win over Philadelphia. It is the team’s 10th straight home win.
February 13, 1990 – Islander Bryan Trottier gets his 500th NHL career goal.
February 13, 1996 – Giants QB Charley Conerly, who lead the team to the 1956 Championship, dies at age 74.
Possibly Related Posts:
- July 31st – This Day in NY Sports History
- July 30th – This Day in NY Sports History
- July 29th – This Day in NY Sports History
- July 28th – This Day in NY Sports History
- July 27th – This Day in NY Sports History